Workshops and Events
Koshas- Subtle Anatomy
Saturday, November 10, 2018
Presented by Mary Jane Gazda, PhD, E-RYT 500
The Koshas provide us a way of understanding where we are within ourselves. In the Vedic teachings layers of our being are described as a sheath or kosha. Five such sheaths exist, each one being more subtle than the previous. They are like nesting dolls stacked one inside the other. In this workshop we will explore and the discuss these five sheaths/Koshas and bring the Koshas to life in a yoga practice
3 CEU’s for current Yoga Teacher
Please register by November 7, 2018
Crystal Bowl Charka Meditation
Saturday, November 17, 2018, 6:30pm
Crystal Bowl Meditation is a form of sound healing which uses the powerful sound waves of quartz crystal singing bowls to:
· Relieve stress and induce a deep sense of peace and well-being
· Engage the relaxation reflex and slow down the respiratory, brain and heart rate
· Change brain wave patterns from the active beta state to the more relaxing alpha and deep meditative theta states
· Re-harmonize the frequencies and re-balance the energies within the physical and emotional body
· Detox the body from the disharmonious effects of urban sound and vibrations.
· Boosts the immune system.
· Reduce pain by disrupting the pain reflex.
· Release stagnate energies.
· Cleanse, balance and energize the chakras
We will spend an hour in a bath of sound from the Crystal Singing Bowls, opening the channels which block our growth.
All you need to bring is your mat. Blankets and bolsters will be available.